Use of the JR SHIKOKU PASS is limited to tourists from Japan whose travel visa does not exceed 90 days (marked on the passport upon arrival) and with a non-Japanese passport.
You can use it around the island of Shikoku to discover this beautiful island that has so many things to show us and at the same time is not as touristy as other areas of Japan, which gives it even greater appeal.
This pass is valid for three to seven consecutive days (depending on the pass purchased) from the date of the change in one of the JR offices (See offices here).
You can use the Regional Pass on the following lines and companies:
- Unreserved seats on express, Rapid and limited local trains on all JR Shikoku lines and all Tosa Kuroshio railway lines.
- All Asa Kaigan railway lines, all lyo railway lines, all Takamatsu-Kotohira electric railway lines and all Tosaden Kotsu lines
- Takamatsu to Tonosho Ferry
- Shodomo Olive Bus Line
You can see the usage map here.
You can also benefit from a number of discounts with this pass:
- Travel by “Nangoku Express Bus” between Matsuyama and Kochi at the special price of 1,000 yen (normal price 3,600 yen). Reducing travel time between Matsuyama and Kochi.
- 30% discount on your regular seat fare when traveling on the Nankai ferry between Tokushima port and Wakayama port.
- 30% discount on Ishizaki Kisen or Setonaikaikisen Super Jet Ferries between Matsuyama Sightseeing Port, Kure and Hiroshima Port.
- 50% discount on ferries between Takamatsu and Shodoshima and Kobe.
- Tonosho Kanko Center (Visitor Center)
- 10% discount on purchases at the Kanko Tonosho Center (some items excluded). You will also receive a postcard or olive tea. (Children will receive a free snack)
- Giant waterwheel of Iyotetsu Takashimaya
- Ride the giant Kururin wheel for free at Iyotetsu Takashimaya Department Store. (normal price 700 yen per person) Enjoy the view of Matsuyama Castle and the islands of the Setouchi Sea. (Only for normal gondolas).