Use of the JR WEST PASS (Sanyo-San’in) is limited to tourists from Japan whose travel visa does not exceed 90 days (marked on the passport upon arrival) and with a non-Japanese passport.
You can use it from Kansai Airport (Osaka), if you wish, and move through the areas mentioned below.
This pass is valid for seven consecutive days from the date of change at one of the JR offices (See offices here).
The Sanyo-San’in area pass is valid for unlimited travel on the following lines and companies:
- Seats reserved at SANYO SHINKANSEN (Shin-Osaka – Hakata)
- This pass can be used for Hello Kitty Shinkansen.
- Limited EXPRESS ‘HARUKA, KUROSHIO, THUNDERBIRD, KOUNOTORI, YAKUMO, SUPER HAKUTO (INCL.Kamigori – Chizu) etc.’.
- Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services and local trains on conventional JR-WEST lines
These trains cannot be used below
- Bullet Train “TOKAIDO SHINKANSEN” (Shin-Osaka⇔Tokyo)
- Bullet Train “KYUSHU SHINKANSEN” (Hakata⇔Kagoshima-Chuo)
With the purchase of this pass you can obtain advantages and discounts that you can find in the following link.
- It can be purchased from one month before use.
- Seat reservations are accepted through the JR-WEST ONLINE TRAIN RESERVATION until one month before the boarding (from 10:00 am (JST) on the same day of the previous month).
- The pass has a duration of 7 consecutive days.
- The validity of the JR Sanyo-San’in begins at 12 a.m.